Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums

Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/index.php)
-   FAQs and General Info (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Free or low cost 3rd party photo hosting. Who do you use? (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40232)

TheDoughboy 08-12-2017 05:23 AM

Free or low cost 3rd party photo hosting. Who do you use?

Now that Photobucket charges for hosting I need to find a new place. The went from free to $399 a year, if you want the 3rd party hosting of course. Like we all do. I am a small bandwidth user. The only pics I need to host are car,truck and gun stuff.

I'll pay $20-$50 a year for hosting. Or just get my own website from GoDaddy and host my pics.

Ideas?

cadillacdude1975 08-12-2017 09:58 PM

shit i use postimg.org or facebook.

synbiotic12 08-12-2017 10:55 PM

I use Imgur, free

Reserector 08-14-2017 06:16 PM

I already pay for hosting for my forums, so I set up my own photo site using chevereto software. Basic license was $65 lifetime. They will set it up for you for free, and they offer hosting as well.

Here's mine. http://photos.reserector.com/

It's not for everybody, but it's an option if you want to be self-reliant.

ahardb0dy 08-14-2017 06:42 PM

I just uploaded some pics to imgur, at first when I posted the link all I got was a link in my post, than I realized I could copy a code for forums and it worked fine.

highest_vision 08-16-2017 04:04 AM

Would it be weird if we could pay to pay to host here? Everything I have read indicates that if a forum could somehow host that content it would really add to the knowledge base.

Maybe that would just add to the folks' burden who manage things already. I dunno.

alabama_lowlife 08-16-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highest_vision (Post 487641)
Would it be weird if we could pay to pay to host here? Everything I have read indicates that if a forum could somehow host that content it would really add to the knowledge base.

Maybe that would just add to the folks' burden who manage things already. I dunno.

I wouldn't know how to implement such a thing. Now, the photos I used for the timing chain tutorial are hosted here, but they're in a folder on the server that's accessible only my admins. I don't know how we would enable users to upload images here. That being said, you can attach images to any post and they will be saved here. They will not show up in the text field like other images though.

The chevereto software is something for me to look into more though. Not sure if it's something that we could utilize or if it's even feasible from a disc space standpoint.

Reserector 08-16-2017 05:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by alabama_lowlife (Post 487643)
I wouldn't know how to implement such a thing. Now, the photos I used for the timing chain tutorial are hosted here, but they're in a folder on the server that's accessible only my admins. I don't know how we would enable users to upload images here. That being said, you can attach images to any post and they will be saved here. They will not show up in the text field like other images though.

The chevereto software is something for me to look into more though. Not sure if it's something that we could utilize or if it's even feasible from a disc space standpoint.

I am using the forum advanced reply box to attach a photo. It will be stored in the forum's "Images" folder. As such it is hosted by the forum. It shows up as a thumbnail, but you can change that in the Admin CP if you wanted to.
That functionality has always been part of this site.

If you set up a photo hosting page with chevereto (or any similar software) and allowed users to access it, there would be no way of preventing them from using it for non-Infamous Nissan purposes. It would be a mess. But for YOU, it would be awesome.

TheDoughboy 08-18-2017 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highest_vision (Post 487641)

I would pay :)

highest_vision 08-29-2017 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDoughboy (Post 487744)
I would pay :)

Some forums have some form of sponsorship, but that has to add to complications for management, and if money is handled then what? Does that mean they have to have some kind of tax ID? I imagine this discussion is happening in multiple forums. Maybe some entrepreneur will rise up and start forumphoto.com or something :)