Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums

Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   I canít just throw them away (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46547)

Tropicalcats 06-18-2022 10:01 PM

I canít just throw them away

just wondered what you all did with extra parts that you have acummilated overtime. I have a rust free bed for an extended cab I have a headliner for an extended cab and I have a set of bucket seats along with various other little pieces parts. Iíve tried selling them and no takers, I have even tried to give some away and no takers. I really hate to just toss this stuff but as I get older my wife and I are downsizing and Iím running out of room for this stuff.
What can I do ?What do you all do?

dvdswan 06-18-2022 11:33 PM

Some stuff I've toss and others I've kept.

alabama_lowlife 06-19-2022 12:53 AM

I’m genuinely shocked you can’t sell a rust free extended cab bed in Ohio. Even though rust isn’t a problem down here, they’re hard as hell to find in the south. Regular cab beds are a dime a dozen.

Tropicalcats 06-19-2022 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvdswan (Post 560616)
Some stuff I've toss and others I've kept.

Iím thinking anything thatís re-popped or still available I might toss. What are you thinking is worthy of keeping and what to trash?

Tropicalcats 06-19-2022 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alabama_lowlife (Post 560619)
Iím genuinely shocked you canít sell a rust free extended cab bed in Ohio. Even though rust isnít a problem down here, theyíre hard as hell to find in the south. Regular cab beds are a dime a dozen.

Iíve posted it up since December when we moved here and no bites.EBay,Craigslist,local. With that said, I have seen only one other D21 driving around and the only thing at a pick and pull is an 87 pathfinder.
I did grab those seats.
I might need to get a Facebook account and post up to the Nissan boards.

dvdswan 06-19-2022 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tropicalcats (Post 560626)
I’m thinking anything that’s re-popped or still available I might toss. What are you thinking is worthy of keeping and what to trash?

As silly as it is: I've kept...
taillights
intakes 240 and truck
small parts that I've taken off the truck because of the work I've done.
I gave away 2 engines, one I built and one unknown condition. both 240 blocks.

threw away
200sx taillights, washer/overflow bottles, things like that.

I've kept things that I thought I could use or someone down the line could use for free. I'm a believer of paying it forward and would hope that person would do the same.

Foul_Mouth 06-19-2022 05:42 PM

I go through a tossing phase once in a while. I keep less common parts but even those find the bins at times.

cadillacdude1975 06-20-2022 02:09 AM

I have an assortment. 4 spare checkerboard clusters, one working spare and the two that are in the truck and pathfinder. I still have my VG33 distributor, two spare VG30 distributors, one good driver side VG30 head, a maf sensor, a couple of VG30 throttle bodies, a door dome light switch, misc brake parts, spare fan clutch, one d21 rear bumper, spare radiator cowl, a spare set of blue inside door handles, a D21 map light and bracket, a spare flip down d21 king cab dome light, a dead VG alternator and a dead VG AC compressor, spare VG harmonic balancer and pulleys, blower resistor, AC thermal amp, spare AC idler bracket, a boatload of D21 bolts, spare driver exhaust manifold with the EGR pipe, spare fuse links from various years…..yeah that shit stacks up quick. I am sure there is more that I haven’t remembered.

PoBoi850 06-20-2022 05:37 PM

I have all kinds of little interior bits and pieces. PS & DS windows. I cant get rid of it either. Even put it for FREE LOCALLY on FBMarket and 0 bites. Mine will get tossed soon, along with the myriad of other random car parts I have.

Foul_Mouth 06-22-2022 01:59 AM

If I lived out west my collection would be a gold mine but here in NY nothing really sells.