Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums

Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/index.php)
-   Engine and Drivetrain (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Rough Idle and SCV Solenoid clicking? (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46162)

Allcagedup 01-06-2022 06:22 PM

Rough Idle and SCV Solenoid clicking?

1 Attachment(s)
Ok let me give you guys the complete run down. I purchased a 94 hardbody a few weeks back. Clean little truck but it has a miss at idle but I could rev it up a little and hold it around 1500 rpm and the check engine light would come on and it immediately have a higher idle and was at least drivable. (Fail-safe mode.., maybe)

So then I start trying to fix the issue. Iíve replaced the plugs, wires, coolant sensor, and fuel injector for the #1 cylinder. No changes with the idle.

I tested the MAF last night and itís bad so Iím getting a new one today.

What my question is and what I canít figure out is when I turn the ignition on (engine not running) the SCV control solenoid valve is constantly clicking. I can barely touch the throttle and it stops. Let off the throttle and it starts clicking again.

What is that all about? Is that related to the bad MAF?

Any help would be great!

Allcagedup 01-08-2022 12:23 AM

So I figured out today it’s not the SCV solenoid clicking. I honestly don’t know what it is. I turn the ignition on (engine not running) and something is clicking on the passenger side of the engine. Every time it clicks the check engine light blinks.

Finally the clicking stops and the check engine like stays on and the truck goes into fail safe mode when I crank it. Idling up high and over fueling l.

Anyone have any ideas??

Allcagedup 01-08-2022 12:51 AM

It’s the d@mn fuel pump relay clicking! Someone put a small aftermarket billet fuel filter on it. Would that be the issue? To small to push fuel through?

I’m going to buy a stock filter tomorrow

89'HBV6 01-08-2022 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allcagedup (Post 556840)
Itís the d@mn fuel pump relay clicking! Someone put a small aftermarket billet fuel filter on it. Would that be the issue? To small to push fuel through?

Iím going to buy a stock filter tomorrow

Good, yes do it. :thumb:
Yes, you need fuel... and if the filter is clogged, well... :hissyfit:

Allcagedup 01-08-2022 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 89'HBV6 (Post 556842)
Good, yes do it. :thumb:
Yes, you need fuel... and if the filter is clogged, well... :hissyfit:

Well just ran to autozone and got a stock fuel filter and no change.. :hissyfit:

So I pulled the fuel pressure relay while the ignition was on and it was clicking and the EGRC solenoid valve is also clicking.

WTH is going on??

Allcagedup 01-11-2022 05:11 PM

I found the issue. Bad 220uF capacitor and burned trace on the ECM

89'HBV6 01-11-2022 06:11 PM

Must be nice having those resources... (o: