Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums

Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hardbody Forum (D21) (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Brake Upgrades! 2 Piston Calipers & Larger Rotors (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11890)

93hb4me 08-16-2010 04:21 AM

Brake Upgrades! 2 Piston Calipers & Larger Rotors
 
anyone figured out if any bigger brakes bolt up to the d21 i n the front ? looked it up and couldnt find an answer?

fakemike 08-16-2010 12:30 PM

The two piston caliper off pathfinder with larger rotors bolts right up. It has been covered on the site a lot. Try a search. I would do it for you but its difficult on my phone.

david29 08-16-2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fakemike (Post 163748)
The two piston caliper off pathfinder with larger rotors bolts right up. It has been covered on the site a lot. Try a search. I would do it for you but its difficult on my phone.

The Pathy rotors are only slightly bigger, so I have been told. Not enough to change them. The Pathy dual piston calipers with the Pathy mounting brackets is what you need. I am about to do this upgrade as well.

mini702 08-17-2010 06:39 AM

technically its not the pathy rotors its the v6 truck. both the v6 truck and pathy have the same calipers & brackets.

kmanuel 08-17-2010 01:32 PM

you need the rotors that go with the dual piston calipers

different diameter and different thickness

93hb4me 08-18-2010 09:26 PM

any specific year ? going to junk yard this weekend !!!
thx

david29 08-18-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmanuel (Post 163930)
you need the rotors that go with the dual piston calipers

different diameter and different thickness

So you do need the rotors for the V-6 version to put on a the 4 banger truck for the brake upgrade? I have read so many ways to do it. I am completely confused now.

mini702 08-19-2010 12:55 AM

4 cyl 250mm x 22mm
vs.
v6 260mm x 26mm

it's not an upgrade without the rotors, and the pads will hang off the edge of the rotors if not done as designed.

kmanuel 08-19-2010 01:02 AM

mini 702 is correct
keep the pads, calipers and rotors matched (all from same vehicle)

93hb4me 08-19-2010 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmanuel (Post 164203)
mini 702 is correct
keep the pads, calipers and rotors matched (all from same vehicle)

plus the brackets ....right? and all v6 brakes from any pathys fit on my 93 hardbody


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.