Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums

Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/index.php)
-   Interior & Audio/Video (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   tilt column swap (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2303)

JRock 01-12-2009 10:11 AM

tilt column swap
 
What all is involved in swapping in a tilt steering column? I'm jonesin for one pretty hard... Is it something that can be done w/o taking me $1600 and 2 weeks?

OLDSCHOOL 01-12-2009 11:46 AM

all you need is the column and maybe a hour...

david29 01-12-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRock (Post 30526)
What all is involved in swapping in a tilt steering column? I'm jonesin for one pretty hard... Is it something that can be done w/o taking me $1600 and 2 weeks?

About 3 plugs to undo, about 6 bolts, about 4 screws and about 1-2 hours of time.

jcjcsoccerkid 01-12-2009 03:24 PM

good idea jrock, where can you get all these parts besides paying 3 prices for them from nissan? no junkyards in my immediate vicinity have frontys, havent checked on the coast yet tho

tattoos&minitrucks 01-12-2009 06:48 PM

what year do I look for to pull out of if I have an 86.5HB and what is it just undo everything and swap it over ....any info would be cool....thanks

O.G.Tierdrop 01-12-2009 06:55 PM

is this for getting slow neck while driving down the road

jimmy726 01-12-2009 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.G.Tierdrop (Post 30582)
is this for getting slow neck while driving down the road

Dam if this is what its for i need to know some more details. lmao

sparkinframe 01-13-2009 03:28 AM

do the tilt colums come down any ferther than the fixed ones, of do they just have the abilily to move up for ez entrence and exit?

JRock 01-13-2009 03:38 AM

^^^ that's what i'm looking for. see... i'm weird, i keep my seat way up... i dunno why, but, i usually drive with my knees almost in the dash. and i'm fat. so the tilt would be nice.

i think in addition to fronty's being hard to find in a junkyard, how many came w/tilts? i really shoulda jumped on a parting out i saw on ebay last year... the tilt column and the 04 dash swap woulda been cool...

Thor 01-13-2009 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkinframe (Post 30775)
do the tilt colums come down any ferther than the fixed ones, of do they just have the abilily to move up for ez entrence and exit?

Yes they go up higher and down lower...if you want I'll snap some pics of the one I stole from a pathy for my truck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRock (Post 30778)
^^^ that's what i'm looking for. see... i'm weird, i keep my seat way up... i dunno why, but, i usually drive with my knees almost in the dash. and i'm fat. so the tilt would be nice.

i think in addition to fronty's being hard to find in a junkyard, how many came w/tilts? i really shoulda jumped on a parting out i saw on ebay last year... the tilt column and the 04 dash swap woulda been cool...

As far as fronties I have no idea but likely any SE model would have one...the SE HB's did.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.