Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums

Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/index.php)
-   Performance and Drifting (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   AutoX Trucks (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26331)

Foul_Mouth 04-10-2013 02:41 AM

AutoX Trucks

Let's talk Autocross with our trucks. My first event of the season is April 28th in FSP class. How about everyone else?

1968f100 04-10-2013 04:04 AM

Chap And I going to Darlinton speedway on April 23rd. He will be classed then. I am still not sure of all the classes. Should be fun. Hope to see a few there.

Foul_Mouth 04-10-2013 12:46 PM

is the truck stock? Modifications? If stock it will fall in the catch-all H-stock class. If it's modified beyond allowable in stock class it will fall into F street prepared. Beyond that and you go into street modified, Motorhead is in that class with his highly modified truck.

1968f100 04-10-2013 12:57 PM

Simply putting a rear sway on it will take him out of the stock class. I would like to find some cheap light 16" rims and some sticky's for them prior to that week, but thus far I haven't found any.

Foul_Mouth 04-10-2013 01:24 PM

Yep, then you are going into FSP with me then if you added a bar.

scoobysmak 04-10-2013 03:15 PM

I guess I have to ask, which category would "Down N Out" fall into?? I dont' see me taking my truck but I might visit an event just to see whats its all about.

PS. honestly I should read the rules to find out but being lazy, if you know the answer shoot, if not don't worry about it but if you can tell me where in the rule book I might find the answer it couldn't hurt.

1968f100 04-10-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobysmak (Post 333962)
I guess I have to ask, which category would "Down N Out" fall into?? I dont' see me taking my truck but I might visit an event just to see whats its all about.

PS. honestly I should read the rules to find out but being lazy, if you know the answer shoot, if not don't worry about it but if you can tell me where in the rule book I might find the answer it couldn't hurt.

Most are part of scca. Locally here I use www.scsportscar.com as reference to questions

Cbohannan101 04-10-2013 08:48 PM

I run SCCA as well. I ran in FSP the past 2 seasons with basic suspension mods, 15" wheels, and some stupid sticky toyos. I just did a major top end change, so I'll be modified this season. I'm nervous moving up, but I figure that 2 top 3 seasons in a row.... hopefully is enough to keep me from being eaten alive by hatch civics ;)

scoobysmak 04-10-2013 09:10 PM

I think I would be totally screwed, I did an engine swap (3.0 VG to 2.0 turbocharged I-4), totally custom frame (changed to rack and pinion steering, new control arms and 4 link suspension), changed the brakes, widened the wheels/ties, relocated the fuel cell and I hold 30% more fuel.

I got down to the fact it looks as if though I would be in some sort of modified category. From what I understood the class that I might fall in, you could replace all the glass and take out all the extra crap you don't need like A/C to race.

Foul_Mouth 04-11-2013 03:29 AM

Scoob, I am not sure where they would stick you but because of the engine swap think you'd end up in the Street Modified class. It's more or less based on power to weight ratio and drivetrain than make and model in there. The engine swap with non-factory equipped turbo classes you higher than Street Prepared.

1968, I have heard of Nissan trucks being run in Street Touring class (STX) but that would depend on your sanctioning body and their rules. STX allows for sway bar modifications but if you read the rule book it doesn't list any trucks as eligible. H-Stock and FSP are the only two classes that directly identify our trucks as eligible.

My steel braided brake lines are what put me in FSP.