Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums

Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Pillar Gauge Pod Interest. (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19489)

Dowser 01-18-2012 04:23 AM

Pillar Gauge Pod Interest.

Hello Everyone.

I don't own a Hardbody, (don't take that literally:rofl:) but rather a 1995 Pathfinder. As many of you know a lot of parts are interchangeable. I came over here from NPORA,(Nissan Pathfinder Off Road Association) to see if there is any interest from any of you guys to get involved with a group buy to have a 2 or 3 gauge a pillar mold made from a company we've been looking into. They require about 20 purchases and I'm in the process of trying to get things organized to make it work out. The costs aren't too much either. We're guessing around $40-60 depending on how detailed it would be. At any rate, here's the thread so you can check it out for yourselves, and if there is anyone interested post up some interest on here and I'll update the numbers as we go along.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/for...lar-gauge-pod/

So this will be the Official Update Page for this project.

If any of you are interested in seeing the most current status, this will be the place to find it.

The price quote for the 3 gauge, no tweeter design is $54.99
The unit comes in standard black with the option for interior color matching for an additional $7.99
The Minimum order number is 20 and additional orders will not bring the price down.

We have 23 people who have Committed to purchase and a total of 24 orders.

Legend

Orange - Members who have received their purchase, everything perfect.
Green - Members waiting for their purchase to arrive.
Purple - Members who have received their purchase but with problems. (wrong color, damage, etc.)

Here are the 23 people who have Committed to purchase out of 28 original. A total of 24 orders.

Project Contributors

Precise - 2 (NPORA) - Products received.
Dowser - 1 (NPORA)
Adamzan - 1 (NPORA) - Product received.
sewebster - 1 (NPORA) - Product received.
puckstoper9 - 1 (NPORA) - Product received.
alabama_lowlife - 1 (Infamous Nissan)- Product received.
tmoore4512 - 1 (NPORA) - Product received.
RedPath88 - 1 (NPORA) - Product received.

theexbrit - 1 (NPORA) - Product received.
scoobysmak - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Product received.
dvdswan - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Product received.
KENDIG (Infamous Nissan) - Product received.
SnailPowered - 1 (NPORA)
Koveman - 1 (NPORA) - Product received.
teixeira - 1 (NPORA) - Product received.

lower byhalia - 1 (Infamous Nissan)
calicraig - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Product received.
Inyourface1650 - 1 (Nissan4wheelers) - Product received.
Bucket-List - 1 (Infamous Nissan)
snowboard419 - 1 (NPORA)
4EyedTurd - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Product received.
edicer2 - 1 (NPORA) - Product received.
Harbinger - 1 (NPORA) - Product received.

Interior Color Options

Red - Already sent - courtesy of alabama_lowlife from Infamous Nissan
Light Grey - Already sent - courtesy of David29 from Infamous Nissan
Dark Grey - Already sent - courtesy of alabama_lowlife from Infamous Nissan
Dark Brownish Grey- Already sent - courtesy of David29 from Infamous Nissan
Brownish Grey- Already sent - courtesy of David29 from Infamous Nissan
Tan- Already sent - courtesy of David29 from Infamous Nissan
Blue - Already sent - courtesy of alabama_lowlife from Infamous Nissan
Light Blue - Already sent - courtesy of David29 from Infamous Nissan
Black - Not needed, company makes in standard black

The sample A-pillar piece for them to use for a mock up and to give us a more accurate quote has been sent in. (alabama_lowlife)

Color Samples have been sent in. (alabama_lowlife and David29)

Photos of the interior with the Pillar in place have been sent. (Dowser)

Mock up trim piece with Pods attached has been sent to me for test fitting. It's been tweaked for proper positioning and angles and is packed up for return shipping. (Dowser)

Money has been collected, payment sent to the company. (Dowser)

Product is finished and being sent out to project contributors. (All of you! Nice work everyone.)

We're all finished! Before you know it, a 3 Gauge Pod A-Pillar will show up at your door. Thanks again to the crews at NPORA, Infamous Nissan, and Nissan4wheelers for helping to make this a reality. It couldn't have been done without everyone's support, trust, and influence.

jcjcsoccerkid 01-18-2012 12:50 PM

i'd like one for my frontier

alabama_lowlife 01-18-2012 02:39 PM

I'm in.

JunYa 01-18-2012 03:09 PM

Ill take one.

Ignacioser 01-18-2012 04:08 PM

Il take one, maybe two depending on price.

RedAggie03 01-18-2012 04:29 PM

Sure I'm down as long as it keeps the factory tweeter grill. I could see having two or three pods, I'd maybe even buy one of each.

Brandon2012 01-20-2012 07:03 PM

Nice

i like them. i been wanting some

minitruckin4life 01-20-2012 08:00 PM

id take one

Slaminsunfire 01-20-2012 08:32 PM

Me 2.....

Dowser 01-21-2012 05:30 AM

*Updated list and added some info on first post, please read if you have not done so already. January 21, 2012*

I spoke with them today and after the mold is made, its no big deal for them to put one unit out after that for anyone interested. Basically our order makes the mold making process worth their while. After the mold has been made, its golden.

Also while on the phone with them I asked about the difficulty in perhaps making a mold for the 2 gauge pod to utilize the tweeters for those still interested, then seeing if after the mold is made if they could just add another pod and make a second mold to keep everyone happy and get 2 molds made at the same time. He said there's no way because its a entirely different process and would have to be a separate mold. So before we start we'll have to take a vote and see how many members are still interested after that point. Secondly, I'm going to take an A-piller and sent it to him to get a more realistic price and to see if he can put 3 gauge pods in and still utilize a space for a tweeter, so that's still an option maybe. I'll be sending that off maybe sometime this week, unless someone near Durham, North Carolina wants to go to the company to let them see what they are working with. I'll get this out to other boards as I have time. Things are a little hectic as usual at them moment.

I'll let you guys know more when I do. Thanks all.