Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums

Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   high angle steering knuckles, d21 d22 (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16916)

pejsa HB 06-04-2012 12:27 AM

15x8.5 0-offset

maykelcj 08-17-2012 06:29 AM

quick question... what are those coilovers you got on the front? I have been looking for something like that since I got my truck. My truck came lowered on the torsion bars and pinto shocks, but it rides to soft for me. thanks.

edit: this is related to the coilovers in the pictures here, I saw your build thread and now it's all custom. If you still have these somewhere, I could take them off your hands if the price is right.

DAZE752 08-17-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maykelcj (Post 294288)
quick question... what are those coilovers you got on the front? I have been looking for something like that since I got my truck. My truck came lowered on the torsion bars and pinto shocks, but it rides to soft for me. thanks.

edit: this is related to the coilovers in the pictures here, I saw your build thread and now it's all custom. If you still have these somewhere, I could take them off your hands if the price is right.

either PM him or go to his build thread and ask this is for his steering knuckles

horridbulldog 02-03-2013 02:33 AM

Why are these harder on tires? like they where out faster for daily drivin or just drifting?

pejsa HB 02-03-2013 02:44 AM

It a little hard on the tires due to the extra angle at full lock causes the tires to scrub a little. And the ackerman angle is changed. Causing more wear in the inside tire while turning in either direction.

horridbulldog 02-03-2013 03:00 AM

oh okay will this wear out tires noticably faster?

pejsa HB 02-03-2013 03:37 AM

From my experience drifting..... yes! But if your buying drift car parts you don't complain about buying tires..... daily driving tire wear was a little accelerated. And with my truck having a welded diff. That was just adding the the wear. Everyone is going to have different results due to driving habbits and other vehicle modifications.

IThaJokaI 03-25-2013 09:27 PM

Why don't you modify the jig to have a little less ackerman then, that much ackerman on the following wheel isn't wanted. Especially considering it has more angle than the leading wheel, you want a little less angle on the following wheel to help with wheel return during transitions.

pejsa HB 03-26-2013 04:14 AM

There is less turn in on the following wheel. It would be almost physically impossible to have the leading wheel turn less than the other....

IThaJokaI 04-12-2013 04:29 PM

Must be the pictures, seems like your trailing wheel has more angle. Might be because I can see the rim face though.