PDA

View Full Version : Relocated my Hangers *Cell Phone Pics*

vamptooth
08-22-2010, 02:38 AM
Finally did the hanger relocation to get the rear down and avoid all the hanger-bangs ;)
A few ice-cold beverages 1st...
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k15/vamptooth/IMG00232.jpg
A few sparks to finish it off...
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k15/vamptooth/IMG00230.jpg
And voila!...
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k15/vamptooth/IMG00231.jpg
And a lot nicer stance...
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k15/vamptooth/IMG00234.jpg

93hb2nv
08-22-2010, 05:27 AM
looks good man how was grindin around the gas tank im always worried about blowin my baby up

flemoids
08-22-2010, 05:44 AM
It's weird for me to see that much hanger left...mine had been static dropped so low for so long this is all that was left by the time i finally linked it.http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k34/flemoids/S5000248.jpg

MurderedOutHardBody
08-22-2010, 06:07 AM
it might just be me, but i did mine like 2 weeks ago, and i dont feel safe with the nut hanging that far off the bolt, id either get a longer bolt or lose the lock washer, for a lock nut, cuz that doesnt look safe dude, i got mine all done just to find that, and i said fuck it and went back to lowes and got 5 inch bolts so i could keep all the washers. anyone else feel that way or am i just paranoid???

oh and good looking truck by the way.

vamptooth
08-23-2010, 05:39 PM
it might just be me, but i did mine like 2 weeks ago, and i dont feel safe with the nut hanging that far off the bolt, id either get a longer bolt or lose the lock washer, for a lock nut, cuz that doesnt look safe dude, i got mine all done just to find that, and i said fuck it and went back to lowes and got 5 inch bolts so i could keep all the washers. anyone else feel that way or am i just paranoid???

oh and good looking truck by the way.

I wondered about that too...I may just keep a close eye on it and may end up going to a 5" bolt...Thanks man

vamptooth
08-23-2010, 05:42 PM
looks good man how was grindin around the gas tank im always worried about blowin my baby up

It wasn't too bad man, because we did it at a slight angle to shoot the sparks down...plus we only scored the hangers about half way through and then used vise-grips to work them back and forth until they broke...that seemed to help because I was a little worried about it at first too...

jcjcsoccerkid
08-23-2010, 05:46 PM
get a longer bolt and use a lock washer AND a lock not, that way you have zero to worry about

91nissan94
08-23-2010, 07:25 PM
either it isn't tightend all the way or that isn't a 4 in. bolt because mine looks nothing like that and it's a 4 in.

MurderedOutHardBody
08-23-2010, 08:26 PM
either it isn't tightend all the way or that isn't a 4 in. bolt because mine looks nothing like that and it's a 4 in.

nah its a 4inch bolt im pretty sure, because mine looked exactly the same, with a washer on the bolt side and lock washer on the nut side. and if u read the post my swschz, he stats his bolt size in milimeters, which equals out to 4.74 inches, which would be enough to clear the nut, but making the 4inch obviously not enough to clear. the only way i see it being any different is if different years had diff width hangers which i highly doubt. i compared all the bolts at lowes, the 3 inch 4 inch and 5inch, i had to go back and get the 5inch, if u did 4inch with no washers ud prolly be good, but with the washers it isnt enough, mine look just like his pic.

hardbodylwb
08-24-2010, 12:57 AM
did you notch the frame??? i have pulled middle leaf and 3 inch blocks and ive got like half an inch from the frame...but im rollin with th 14's still...is it cause of your wheels?

MurderedOutHardBody
08-24-2010, 01:04 AM
did you notch the frame??? i have pulled middle leaf and 3 inch blocks and ive got like half an inch from the frame...but im rollin with th 14's still...is it cause of your wheels?

im not sure who u were asking, but i have 3inch blocks, pulled leaf, and driller hangers, and i have not notched it yet, it is the same as yours bout half an inch, and im still on 14s also. i have titans with no tires, and i have a bolt in mini notch ive had for years i could use, which i thought about doing untill i get a welder and do a full notch. wish i had my welder like last year but shit keeps coming up.

hardbodylwb
08-29-2010, 08:28 PM
what shocks are u running?

MurderedOutHardBody
08-30-2010, 12:36 AM
im on stock shocks, but as of today my truck is back as close to ride height as possible, it fell victim to shittyroaditis. got tired of havin such a shitty ride, so i took the blocks out and uncranked the t bars. it still has no middle leaf and redrilled hangers but no blocks. so its gonna stay thay way untill i can bag it. at least ill have a decent ride again.

bigkoda
05-20-2013, 06:58 PM
thats the best part lol mini trucks with no suspension ya gotta love that lol my hardbody has no suspension im rite on the bump stops and my front stock shocks are bottomed out